There are important packages that don’t come default with kubuntu which I would need for development. So after setting up a new installation of Kubuntu this is what I’d do:
sudo aptitude install openssh-server build-essential vim kdesvn mysql-server-5.0
These are needed as of kubuntu 9.04 – Jaunty and as you can see installs:
- openssh-server – which will immediately listen on port 22
- build-essential – compilers, etc
- vim – because I don’t like using vi
- kdesvn – Cuz can be easier to diff my devels
- mysql-server – well… i need it and Mysql 5.1 does not have great reviews.